With continual awareness on the need to assure sustainability in crisis situations, along with increasing regulatory requirements on businesses to develop emergency management programs, there is growing need to prepare professionals in all walks of industry to effectively lead and manage crisis and disaster response programs. This graduate certificate will provide the core knowledge needed to serve as an executive or leader in an emergency management program in your corporation, organization or community. Through this 6-course program, you will be exposed to these topics and more:
- The interaction, coordination, and facilitation between federal, state, and local agencies during preparation, response, and recovery operations
- The role of a leader to understand the laws, regulations, and policy relevant to managing an organization in crisis operations
- Analysis of the management structure commonly found in public and private emergency management programs
- Identification and mitigation of potential harm from threats to a community’s sustainability
- The economics associated with international, national, state, or local level disaster including the direct and indirect economic losses associated with disaster
Emergency management is a collateral duty for public safety leaders, but knowledge gained from this certificate of study can be practically applied by leaders in almost any industry.