The undergraduate certificate in Family Studies is designed for students wishing to develop or enhance their knowledge and skills related to the provision of educational and support services to families, parents, and children.
In this 6-course program, you will:
- Study psychological development of the child from conception to puberty
- Explore the aging process and its effects on the family
- Examine how individual needs, perceptions, and self-concepts affect family communication
- Explore child and family development as it relates to society, including the military family
- Study the multidimensional aspects of family law and policy
Note: Completion of this certificate does not qualify you to apply for teaching licensure.