Our online HIM bachelor's program is designed with your health career in mind. With a focus on operations management, this online degree program in Health Information Management (HIM) utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to its curriculum. Billions of dollars have been invested in newer health information technology infrastructure, creating a greater need for educated health information professionals who are knowledgeable in data management, information policy, finance, information systems, and related fields.
This online bachelor's program offers you the opportunity to:
- Survey health records, filing systems, electronic records, and documentation issues, along with indexes, registers, and health data collection.
- Learn essential HIM software programs, medical terminology and pharmacology classification systems.
- Master coding guidelines, the interconnection between clinical coding, compliance, and reimbursement, and learn to apply ICD-10 coding steps.
- Explore goal setting, problem solving, staffing, and employee training and development.
- Study health insurance and public funding programs, managed care contracting, and payment for services.
- Explore legal and ethical aspects of health information management, specifically in healthcare fraud and abuse.
Tailor your HIM degree to your career by choosing course options in business management, accounting, finance, operations and information systems. This flexibility enables you to apply your education in variety of the healthcare industry, from hospital or physician practices to insurance and pharmaceutical organizations and more.