American Public University offers an Associate of Arts in Hospitality entirely online. The online Associate of Arts in Hospitality teaches the fundamentals of restaurant operations in a variety of capacities: purchasing, storage, food service sanitation, legal aspects, insurance, marketing, and sales.
The curriculum is designed with the working professional in mind and taught by hospitality industry experts. Courses are 100% online, offering working adult learners with varying schedules the ability to fit a quality education into their busy lives. The Associate of Arts in Hospitality serves as a foundation for students seeking advanced hospitality and business related degrees.
Students who successfully complete the Associate of Arts in Hospitality will achieve the following objectives:
- Describe the career opportunities and future industry growth forecasts as they relate to the different segments of the Hospitality Industry.
- Demonstrate food safety practices that will ensure safe food production from purchase to service.
- Demonstrate application of theory and concepts as they relate to the various responsibilities of a foodservice manager.
- Implement strategies to effectively manage and improve restaurant performance, based on operational theory and procedures.
- Analyze hospitality operation processes and attributes and the legal implication of proper or improper management.
Concentrations are designed to help you group courses together so you can further specialize in your field and pursue a more focused path to degree completion.
Explore the concentrations available for this program.
- Restaurant Operations