The online Master of Arts in National Security Studies prepares students for mid and senior level positions in national and international security policy, security and intelligence analysis, and related fields. Graduates of the program can be found across the national and international security community as civilian and military policy-makers, action-officers, analysts, instructors, and consultants.
The program is an excellent substitute for military or civilian personnel unable to attend a staff or war college, but who require a strong background in the substantive knowledge and analytic skills required of security specialists. The program is also excellent preparation for those who will eventually attend a staff or war college as it incorporates instruction in advanced security analysis not normally taught in senior military schools.
The Master of Arts in National Security Studies seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates:
- Appraise classic and contemporary theories, strategies, doctrines, and procedures related to the causes, conduct, and termination of armed conflict and the maintenance of peace.
- Assess and predict traditional and non-traditional threats to national and international security.
- Compare the structures, functions, capabilities, and activities of national and international security community members.
- Conduct advanced research and compose professional and academic analyses on issues critical to national and international security.
Concentrations are designed to help you group courses together so you can further specialize in your field and pursue a more focused path to degree completion.
Explore the concentrations available for this program.
- Homeland Security
- Regional Security Studies
- Security and Intelligence Analysis
- Terrorism Studies