Accelerate your education toward advanced nursing practice with American Public University's (APU's) RN to MSN online program and earn a BSN and an MSN in this single program.
Through our carefully constructed program, you can substitute three BSN-level courses for three MSN-level courses, saving you 9 credit hours. That means you can earn your credential faster than through a traditional MSN program.
Also, you will be awarded a BSN degree after you successfully complete the first 120 credits. For the remaining 27 graduate credits, you will choose from two tracks:
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Leader
This nursing master’s program program is designed for registered nurses holding an associate degree or diploma in nursing.
Online and Flexible to Meet Your Needs
With monthly start dates, 8-week and 16-week course formats, and no set login times, APU's online nursing master’s program provides you with flexibility. You will be supported by expert faculty preparing you for today’s dynamic healthcare industry where safe and effective patient-centered care is imperative.
What You Will Learn
During the program, you will engage with peer students in a collaborative online environment to
- Develop leadership, management, and communication skills
- Use evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and principles aimed at outcomes focused on safety, institutional values, and professional ethics
- Learn to optimize patient outcomes by accessing information through informatics and healthcare technologies
- Analyze the impact of financial, regulatory, and political decisions on local, national, and global health outcomes
- Apply ethical principles to advanced professional nursing practice
- Learn how to decrease health disparities and advocate for diverse populations
Your coursework at the undergraduate level will include
- General education classes in communication, arts and humanities, social sciences, statistics, and natural science
- Major coursework will include
- Evidence-based Practice
- Community Health
- Informatics and Technology
- Leadership for Advanced Practice Roles
Your core graduate coursework will cover areas such as
- Population-based Healthcare
- Healthcare Systems and Health Policy
Your MSN studies will conclude with a track-related practicum at a location in your community and an evidence-based practice capstone project.