American Public University's online Bachelor of Arts in Retail Management was designed in consultation with industry advisory councils to prepare you for the rigors of effective leadership in the global retail environment. Through a combination of applicable skills and theoretical knowledge, the program addresses critical retail management subjects in addition to interpersonal, managerial, human resource, and leadership communications and critical thinking. Completion of this online program can help to propel your current career as a retail employee or to help you prepare for new retail management positions.
The curriculum for this online bachelor’s program is regularly reviewed by an advisory council of industry experts for relevancy to today’s marketplace. Topics include:
- Retail strategy, innovation, and operations
- Retail merchandising and its role in profitability
- Human resource concepts and best practices
- Management theories, principles, and historical development
- Organizational behavior and change
- Consumer behavior
- Transportation and supply chain management
- And more
This program is offered in two modalities: a standard classroom option or the Momentum™ competency-based option.