The online Graduate Certificate in Security Management offers students the opportunity to learn about the principles and theories associated with various types of security, from evaluation of security programs to contemporary issues in security that focus on the protection of assets. Those that complete the certificate are inclined toward professions that involve the general public or private management, federal or local government civil service, military service, law enforcement, and private security.
In addition to the institutional and degree level learning outcomes objectives, the Graduate Certificate in Security Management seeks the following specific learning outcomes of its graduates:
- Ascertain and evaluate the aspects of vulnerabilities, threats, countermeasures, as they pertain to assets protection.
- Analyze the security concepts in various programs including, personnel security, information security, and physical security.
- Assess the methodologies of resource allocation as it pertains to applying appropriate security through the use of protective services.
- Conduct risk assessment analysis of computer facilities including identifying types of threats and probabilities of occurrences.
- Describe and apply various security management plans and principles appropriate to crisis situations and distinguish the management approaches to threats.
- Distinguish between industrial and economic espionage that present threats to either business or government organizations.