The online certificates at American Public University are for students who seek a shorter program focused on career development or knowledge of a specific discipline. You can obtain your certificate at an accelerated pace and low cost through while balancing the demands of your work and life commitments.
Certificates range from 18-27 semester hours which typically includes six to nine courses focused on developing your skills and educational foundation in a specific discipline. Credits are available at both the undergraduate and graduate levels and may be applied to an Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master's degree at the university should you wish to continue your studies further.
- 8- and 16-week courses available in most programs.
- Tuition is among the lowest nationwide for regionally accredited universities.
- No application fee.
- Strong career and student support system.
Choose from a variety of real-world programs, including Computer Systems and Networks, Family Studies, Paralegal Studies, Web Publishing, and many more.
- Ranked as a top online university by U.S. News & World Report since 20131
- 200+ online degrees and certificates with classes that start monthly and run 8- and 16-weeks.
- Affordable tuition starting at $270 per credit hour.
- Our undergraduate book grant provides ebooks at no charge to students earning undergraduate academic credit.
- Accredited by HLC, as is Ohio State, Univ. of Chicago and U.S. Air Force Academy – to name a few.
- 91% of seniors surveyed would choose us again.2
- 89% of alumni surveyed would recommend us to a friend or colleague.3
- Federal Student Aid and Armed Forces Tuition Assistance accepted.
- Source: U.S. News & World Report, Best Online Bachelor's Programs
- Source: National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE), 2016
- Source: APUS Alumni Survey, 2016