Your degree may be closer than you think. If you haven’t finished your associate, bachelor's or master's degree, now is your chance. Our students were able to save time and money by receiving credit due to their previous college experience, military service, and other prior learning. Are you aware that you can apply your prior learning towards a degree at American Public University?
How does it work?
- Apply for admission (there's no cost).
- Complete a transfer credit evaluation application.
- Provide transcripts/proof of your prior learning.
- You can optionally complete a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) portfolio for additional credit.
There are many types of prior learning that are accepted. Please complete a request for additional information (using the form on this page) to contact admissions with your specific questions. A sample of what may be eligible includes:
- Previous academic work
- Military training
- ACE courses
- Life experience
- Other sources of lifelong learning
Undergraduate students who apply at the associate level may transfer up to a maximum of 45 credit hours; those applying at the bachelor's level may transfer up to 90 credit hours. Students with no prior college experience may have their ACE-evaluated military or professional experience considered for transfer credit.